Our knowledge of the healthcare sector, the applicable regulations and the sector’s competitive environment gives us a 360º perspective from which to provide our clients rigorous, practical and innovative advice to tackle their key legal and business needs.
We anticipate key trends; we are able to take the pulse of regulators’ priorities and criteria from our unique position, and are actively involved in regulatory policy development. And with more than twenty years’ experience in the sector, we can offer tailor-made, innovative, pragmatic and robust legal solutions.
We advise on all types of healthcare sector matters – including transactions – administrative matters, public contracting and regulatory matters such as competition law, industrial and intellectual property, advertising, healthtech, digital platforms, data protection, compliance, insurance, employment law and tax. The following is just a glimpse of our experience:
- M&A and private equity: ranging from venture capital to international and national transactions, private and listed entities, and joint ventures in strategic markets.
- Commercial transactions and collaborations: manufacturing contracts, distribution, research and development, licensing, etc.
- Creating and restructuring distribution networks in the healthcare space.
- Comprehensive regulatory advice on strategic issues: pricing and reimbursement, market access, joint venture agreements, authorisations for activity licences and permits, liaising with authorities, commercial and promotional practices, and advertising.
- Protecting innovation in the life sciences and medical devices sector: pharmaceutical patent protection litigation, technology transfer agreements between private companies or from the public to the private sector, and developing trade secret protection policies.
- Clinical trial contracts: from the perspective of the sponsor, monitor and health centre (model flexibility, assigning intellectual property rights, obtaining authorisations, data flows and informed consent).
- Market supply and parallel trade: new supply chain models.
- Public-private partnerships (PPP) to provide health services under public contracts to supply pharmaceutical products and medical devices and related services as well as associated administrative and administrative court proceedings.
- Business models in digital health based on the latest tech innovations: telemedicine, AI, personalised or precision medicine, bio-tech start-ups, genetic databases and reusing health data.
- Holistic compliance matters: compliance policies and programmes, complaints, audits and investigations.
- Competition: merger control and cartel and abuse of dominance cases in Spain.