Jesús Remón is a lawyer in the Madrid office of Uría Menéndez. He joined the firm as a partner in 1996, having previously worked as a lawyer for the State in the Spanish Constitutional Court. He heads the firm’s Litigation, Arbitration and Public Law Practice Area. He is a permanent member of the General Codification Commission (Comisión General de Codificación).
His professional practice is focused on national and international arbitration, litigation, criminal law, both in civil and administrative jurisdictions, and advising on administrative and constitutional issues.
Jesús has acted in some of the most important cases before the Spanish courts and arbitration tribunals, including:
- Proceedings challenging corporate resolutions adopted by listed and unlisted companies.
- Claims for payment and disputes arising from breaches of contract.
- Claims related to the awarding of public contracts and administrative concessions.
- National and international arbitration proceedings (ICC, NAI and others).
- Expert opinions on constitutional and administrative matters.
He has acted before the Spanish Constitutional Court and the European Court of Human Rights, and has also acted as an arbitrator in a variety of commercial and investment-related proceedings.
Jesús has advised on various major public infrastructure finance projects in the real estate, telecommunications, energy, water and transport sectors.
- Law Degree, Universidad Complutense, Madrid, 1981
- Lawyer for the State, Madrid, 1986
- Madrid Bar Association
- President of the Club Español del Arbitraje (2009-2013)
- Honorary President of the Club Español del Arbitraje
- Vice president of the Spanish branch of the International Law Association
- Member of the International Court of Arbitration of the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC, Paris) 2015–21
- International Chamber of Commerce (ICC), Latin American Arbitration Group
- Civil and Commercial Arbitration Court
- Editorial Board of Spain Arbitration Review
- Advisory Committee of Revista de Arbitraje Comercial y de Inversiones
- Legal Committee of the Consejo General de la Abogacía Española
Jesús lectured on Constitutional Law at Universidad Carlos III of Madrid from 1992 to 2008, as well as for various masters courses. He regularly participates as a speaker in seminars and conferences on subjects relating to his field of expertise.
- Permanent member of the Spanish General Committee for Codification
- Trustee of the Fundación Wolters Kluwer
- Secretary of the Board of Trustees of the Fundación Mujeres por África
- Cross of Merit for Services to the Legal Profession