Jesús Remón is Uría Menéndez’s senior partner. He joined the Madrid office as a partner in 1996 after a decade as a state lawyer in the Constitutional Court.
He headed up the firm’s Public Law, Litigation and Arbitration practice until 2022.
Jesús specialises in domestic and international arbitration; civil, criminal and administrative litigation; and advising on administrative and constitutional law issues.
For many years international legal directories such as Chambers and Partners and The Legal 500 have considered him one of the leading lawyers in Spain for litigation, international arbitration and public and regulatory law.
- Law Degree, Universidad Complutense, Madrid, 1981
- Lawyer for the State, Madrid, 1986
- Madrid Bar Association
- President of the Club Español del Arbitraje (2009-2013)
- Honorary President of the Club Español del Arbitraje
- Vice president of the Spanish branch of the International Law Association
- Member of the International Court of Arbitration of the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC, Paris) 2015–21
- International Chamber of Commerce (ICC), Latin American Arbitration Group
- Civil and Commercial Arbitration Court
- Editorial Board of Spain Arbitration Review
- Advisory Committee of Revista de Arbitraje Comercial y de Inversiones
- Legal Committee of the Consejo General de la Abogacía Española
- Spanish Association of State Lawyers
Jesús lectured on Constitutional Law at Universidad Carlos III of Madrid from 1992 to 2008, as well as for various masters courses.
He regularly participates as a speaker in seminars and conferences on subjects relating to his field of expertise.
- Permanent member of the General Codification Committee
- Trustee of the Fundación Wolters Kluwer
- Secretary of the Board of Trustees of the Fundación Mujeres por África
- Gran Cruz al Mérito en el Servicio de la Abogacía
- Best Lawyer in 2022. First edition of the El Confidencial Business Law Awards