Jesús Remón is a lawyer in the Madrid office of Uría Menéndez. He joined the firm as a partner in 1996, having previously worked as a lawyer for the State in the Spanish Constitutional Court. He heads the firm’s Litigation, Arbitration and Public Law Practice Area. He is a permanent member of the General Codification Commission (Comisión General de Codificación).
His professional practice is focused on national and international arbitration, litigation, both in civil and administrative jurisdictions, and advising on administrative and constitutional issues.
Jesús has acted in some of the most important cases before the Spanish courts and arbitration tribunals, including:
- Proceedings challenging corporate resolutions adopted by listed and unlisted companies.
- Claims for payment and disputes arising from breaches of contract.
- Claims related to the awarding of public contracts and administrative concessions.
- National and international arbitration proceedings (ICC, NAI and others).
- Expert opinions on constitutional and administrative matters.
He has acted before the Spanish Constitutional Court and the European Court of Human Rights, and has also acted as an arbitrator in a variety of commercial and investment-related proceedings.
Jesús has advised on various major public infrastructure finance projects in the real estate, telecommunications, energy, water and transport sectors.
- Law Degree, Universidad Complutense, Madrid, 1981
- Lawyer for the State, Madrid, 1986
- Madrid Bar Association
- President of the Club Español del Arbitraje (2009-2013)
- Honorary President of the Club Español del Arbitraje
- Vice president of the Spanish branch of the International Law Association
- International Court of Arbitration of the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) (Paris)
- International Chamber of Commerce (ICC), Latin American Arbitration Group
- Civil and Commercial Arbitration Court
- London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA)
- Spanish Arbitration Court
- Madrid Arbitration Court
- Advisory Committee of La Ley
- Editorial Board of the publication datospersonales.org
- Editorial Board of Spain Arbitration Review
- Editorial Board of Revista Arbitraje: Revista de arbitraje comercial y de inversiones
- Legal Committee of the Consejo General de la Abogacía Española
Jesús lectures on constitutional law and at the Instituto de Empresa in Madrid. He participates regularly as a speaker at seminars and conferences on subjects relating to his field of expertise. He spoke on the appeal system in the debate organised by the Ministry of Justice in October 1997 on the Draft Civil Procedure Bill. He was also a speaker on the course on “State involvement in the economy” organised in 1996 by the General Council of the Judiciary, and in 2005 participated in the lectures held at the Universidad Internacional Menéndez Pelayo to commemorate the 25th anniversary of the Spanish Constitutional Court. He regularly takes part in courses and conferences organised by the Centro de Estudios Judiciales, the Madrid Bar Association and the Escuela de Organización Industrial.
- Cross of Merit for Services to the Legal Profession