Mario Montes joined Uría Menéndez in 2015 and he is a Senior Associate of the firm since 2023. From March to December 2020 he was seconded to Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP in New York City.
Mario specializes in criminal law and criminal litigation, particularly corporate crime, advising and representing corporate clients and its directors, managers and employees before Spanish courts.
He also advises companies on national and international internal investigations and on the design and implementation of corporate compliance programmes.
- Law Degree, ESADE Law School (Barcelona), 2010-2014.
- Exchange programme, Cornell Law School (Ithaca, NY, USA), Fall 2013.
- Double Master’s Degree in Legal Practice and Public and Criminal Law, ESADE Law School (Barcelona), 2014-2015.
- IE-UM Professional Development Program for Lawyers, IE Business & Law Schools (Madrid), 2017-2020.
- Barcelona Bar Association.
“Corporate criminal liability and criminal compliance” at Barcelona Bar Association’s “Master’s Degree on Information Society” (2021-2022).