Rafael Jiménez joined Uría Menendez in 2000 and has been a partner in the firm since 2012.
He has extensive experience in the field of corporate and commercial law and has specialized in the area of ??real estate operations, mainly in sales of real estate (shopping centers, offices, logistics warehouses, hotels), financing, joint ventures for project development , SOCIMIs and restructuring and refinancing procedures of real estate companies.
In 2017 he received the Iberian Lawyer 40 under 40 award that recognizes the excellence and trajectory of the 40 most outstanding lawyers under 40 years of age in the Iberian Peninsula.
He has also received recognition from other directories such as IFLR 1000, TTR Latam or Best Lawyers.
- Law Degree, Universidad de Navarra
- Master's Degree in planning and zoning law, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid, 2007
- Madrid Bar Association
- Urban Land Institute Europe (ULI)
- Associate professor of the Instituto de Empresa.
- Professor in the Training Programme of Chinese Lawyers in Europe and Latin America: Private Law. ACLA (All China Lawyers Association).
He is a regular speaker and commentator at masters, seminars and conferences on matters related to his field of expertise:
- Seminar on construction agents: developers and constructors’ liability.
- Urban planning programme.
- Seminar on private contracting in the planning and execution phases.
- Seminars on real estate refinancing and restructuring.
- Seminar on limitation of liability in leasing agreements.
- Seminar on the assignment and transfer of leasing agreements.
- Seminar on pre-emptive rights in the transfer of real estate assets.