Ángel Alonso is a lawyer in the Madrid office of Uría Menéndez. He joined the firm in 1997 and became a partner in 2009.
He was seconded to the London office of Slaughter and May from September 1999 to February 2000.
Ángel has extensive experience in mergers and acquisitions, finance, private equity investments and general commercial matters. He specialises in special situations, restructurings, distressed investments and insolvency, and advises all the parties involved when companies are in financial difficulty (i.e. debtors, company directors, creditors, receivers, etc.).
He has been involved in the most important restructurings and insolvency proceedings that have taken place in Spain over the past few years, in particular, those with cross-border elements. Ángel has advised on matters relating to a wide range of economic sectors, including, real estate, financial services, hotels, technology and industry.
- Law Degree, Universidad Pontificia Comillas (ICADE), 1993
- Master's Degree in Legal Business Practice, Instituto de Empresa, 1997 - Graduated with cum laude honours
- Madrid Bar Association
- Member of the Board of the Turnaround Management Association Spain
- Association of European Insolvency Lawyers - INSOL Europe
Ángel is a regular speaker at seminars and conferences pertaining to his field of expertise.
- Lecturer in the Master’s Degree on Business Insolvency at the Universidad San Pablo CEU (2009-2010).
- Lecturer on the insolvency law course organised by the Madrid Bar Association (2009-2010).
- Lecturer on the International Legal Business Course at the Universidad Autónoma de Madrid (2005).
- Lecturer in the Master of Private Equity and Entrepreneurshipn organised by Rafael del Pino Fundation (2017)
- Lecturer in the Master in Banking Supervision organised by Spanish Central Bank (2017-2021).