Manuel joined the criminal litigation team of Uría Menéndez’s Madrid office in 2002. Since January 2005 he has been based in the Barcelona office.
Manuel specialises in criminal law and criminal litigation, particularly corporate crime, advising clients on:
- Corporate and directors’ liabilities.
- Criminal liability for workplace accidents.
- Criminal offences against the Public Treasury (tax fraud).
- Environmental issues.
- Intellectual property infringements.
- E-crime: privacy, data protection, computer sabotage, etc.
- Insider trading and market manipulation.
Manuel has also a wide experience advising clients on corporate compliance matters, crime-prevention procedures and internal investigations.
- Law Degree, Universidad Pompeu Fabra, 2002
- Ph.D. Courses in Criminal Law, Universidad Pompeu Fabra, biennium 2006-2007
- Barcelona Bar Association
- International Bar Association
- Lecturer on the e-commerce law practicum, Universidad de Barcelona (UB), 2007-2009.
- Lecturer on the master’s degree course on criminal advocacy, Barcelona Bar Association (ICAB), 2008 and 2009.
- Lecturer on corporate crime, master’s degree course on advocacy, Instituto Superior de Derecho y Economía (ISDE), 2009-2013.
- Lecturer on criminal litigation on the master’s degree course on advocacy, ESADE, 2013.
- Lecturer on white collar crime on the law degree offered by the Universitat Oberta de Catalunya (UOC), 2010-2012 and 2015 to the present date.