Bárbara Fernández Cobo joined Uría Menéndez in 2013 and is a member of the Public Law, Environment and Sustainable Development practice areas. In 2017, she was seconded to PPU’s offices in Santiago de Chile where she worked in the energy, mining and natural resources team.
She provides specialist legal advice to clients on a broad range of administrative law matters, including:
- acting for the defence before the contentious-administrative courts;
- acting for the defence in legal administrative proceedings;
- corporate transactions with regulatory components; and
- administrative law analysis for legal notes and memorandums.
Bárbara advises public and private entities of different sectors such as banking, energy and mining sectors on matters related to disciplinary proceedings, authorisations and permits, urban planning, public procurement, public authority liability, subsidies or public property and infrastructures.
She also specialises in environmental law, including climate change, environmental assessments, environmental liability, natural resources, waste, water, coastal matters, air emissions or soil pollution.
- Law Degree, CEU San Pablo University, 2013.
- Political Science and Public Administration Degree, CEU San Pablo University, 2013.
- Madrid Bar Association
Bárbara teaches Environmental Law at the University Instituto Superior de Derecho y Economía (ISDE), Administrative Practice on the Master Decree for Access to the Legal Profession at Universidad Autónoma de Madrid (UAM) and on the Master Decree on Energy Law and Energy Transition at Tech School of Law.
She also participates as a speaker at seminars and conferences on subjects relating to his field of expertise.