Carlos Costa Andrade has been a partner in the Lisbon office of Uría Menéndez since 2005. Between 1996 and 1999 he was in-house counsel (Issuers and Market Division) at NYSE Euronext Lisbon - Sociedade Gestora de Mercados Regulamentados, S.A. (formerly known as the Lisbon and Oporto Stock Exchange).
His practice includes capital markets, takeovers, IPOs, OPVs, structured bonds and other complex securities, regulated and non-regulated market management entities, M&A, securities, banking, and corporate governance.
Alongside his work as a lawyer, he also holds several management positions and is currently a member of the Equity and Fixed Income Committee of BM&F BOVESPA and secretary to the General Assembly of OPEX.
Carlos is among the most highly regarded banking and finance and capital markets lawyers according to Chambers Global Portugal, IFLR 1000 Portugal and Legal 500.
- Law Degree, Universidade Católica Portuguesa - Lisboa, 1995
- Universidad Complutense de Madrid, 1994
- Postgraduate Degree in EC law and securities, Faculdade de Direito da Universidade Clássica de Lisboa, 1997
- Lisbon Bar Association
Carlos regularly participates as a speaker at seminars and conferences related to his field of expertise, both in Portugal and abroad. He has recently collaborated with, among others, the following institutions:
- Lecturer on capital markets on the Law Degree offered by the Faculty of Law at the Universidade Católica do Porto, 2011.
- Lecturer on capital markets on the Law Degree offered by the Faculty of Law at the Universidade do Porto, 2010.
- Lecturer on the MBA course offered by the Universidade Nova de Lisboa, 2009.