Cláudia Reis Duarte joined Uría Menéndez in January 2006. Prior to joining Uría Menéndez, she worked in a Portuguese law firm in the tax area.
Her practice focuses on tax law, particularly in the areas of tax litigation; tax inspections; inheritance tax; Social Security and international tax planning.
Cláudia represents clients in tax proceedings, claims and appeals before the tax authorities, and advises clients on the taxation of resident and non-resident companies and individuals as well as foreign investments in Portugal and Portuguese investments abroad.
- Law Degree, Faculdade de Direito da Universidade Nova de Lisboa, 2003
- Postgraduate Degree in Tax, Instituto de Economia e Gestão (INDEG/ISCTE), 2004
- Portuguese Bar Association
- Portuguese Association of Tax Consultants
- Lecturer on corporate income tax on the Postgraduate Degree in Taxation at the Universidade Católica Portuguesa since 2011.
- Lecturer on personal income tax on the Postgraduate Degree in Taxation at the Universidade Católica Portuguesa since 2007.
- Lecturer on corporate income tax on the Postgraduate Degree in Taxation at the Instituto Superior de Gestão between 2006 and 2007.
- Lecturer on tax law on the Law Degree offered by the Universidade Moderna between 2004 and 2006.