Eloi Colldeforns is an attorney in the Barcelona office of Uría Menéndez. He joined the firm in 2011. Between 2012 and 2014, he worked in the London office of Uría Menéndez. Thereafter, between 2015 and 2016, he worked in the Madrid office of Uría Menéndez.
Eloi’s practice is focused on financial transactions, debt restructuring, mergers and acquisitions, financial regulation and general corporate matters.
He has significant experience in advising domestic and international clients on debt financing, involving bank or non-bank lenders, in a range of modalities (corporate finance, project finance, acquisition finance and structured finance, among others), and has also been involved in some of the most innovative and relevant restructuring transactions in Spain. He also regularly participates in mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures and other corporate transactions, mainly in the infrastructure, engineering and biotechnology sectors.
Eloi also frequently advises on wide-ranging general corporate matters, and regulatory aspects of financial activities, particularly regarding payment services and fintech.
- Law Degree, Universidad Pompeu Fabra, 2011
- Diploma in Legal Studies, University of Oxford, 2011
- LL.M. (Master of Laws), Harvard University, 2019
- Barcelona Bar Association
- Since 2017, he lectures on corporate law and mergers and acquisitions at ESADE Law School in Barcelona (as part of the Master’s Degree in International Business Law).
- Since 2019, he is an associate lecturer at the Commercial Law department of Universitat Pompeu Fabra School of Law in Barcelona.
- Since 2022, he is a lecturer of financial regulation and banking law at UPF Barcelona School of Management (Barcelona) (as part of the Master’s Degree in Spanish Legal Professions).
- In recent years, he has also participated as a lecturer of project finance at the University of Barcelona (as part of the Master’s Degree in Advance Public Procurement).
He is also a regular speaker and commentator at law seminars and conferences.