Elena Úbeda is a partner in the Barcelona office of Uría Menéndez. She joined the firm in 1990 and became a partner in 2003.
Elena advises on corporate and commercial law and has acquired particular expertise in the acquisition and restructuring of companies, both at home and abroad. She has participated in numerous transactions, such as:
- Mergers and spin-offs.
- Major corporate sale and acquisition transactions, covering all stages from the due diligence process and negotiations through to closing, mainly in the food, chemical and metallurgical sectors.
- Private offers for the acquisition of companies, leading the preparation and the lodging of such offers.
- Joint ventures in the industrial, commercial and services sectors.
- Multinational corporations on reorganisation and restructuring projects.
- Corporate real estate restructuring transactions, particularly in the hotel sector.
Elena frequently advises French and Belgian clients on their investments in Spain and provides them with day-to-day advice on contractual, commercial and company law.
Elena is now working on national and international asset and receivable securitisation programmes with financial entities, and in the field of private equity.
Elena has been named a leading lawyer for corporate and M&A by Best Lawyers in Spain since 2008.
- Law Degree, Universidad de Barcelona, 1989
- LL.M. in International Business Law, London School of Economics and Political Science, 1990
- Barcelona Global
- Italian Chamber of Commerce
- Union Internationale des Avocats
Elena lectures on company law in the Master’s Degree on Business Legal Practice (Máster de Asesoría de Empresas) at the Universidad Internacional de Catalunya (UIC). Since 2009 she has been a member of the working group that is designing the master’s degree in legal practice to be offered by the UIC.
Since 2009 Elena has lectured on the international contracting course offered by the Barcelona Bar Association.
She also participates frequently in seminars and 'practicum' sessions at the Centro Universitario Abad Oliba (Fundación CEU) in Barcelona.