Francisco Proença de Carvalho joined Uría Menéndez – Proença de Carvalho in April 2010 following the merger of Proença de Carvalho & Associados and Uría Menéndez. He is now a partner in the litigation and arbitration practice of the Lisbon office. Previously, he was a partner at Proença de Carvalho & Associados.
He focuses his practice on litigation, covering all areas of professional litigation and arbitration practice. He also has extensive experience in M&A.
In the 2015 edition of Iberian Lawyer he was named one of the top 40 lawyers under the age of 40 in Portugal and Spain.
- Law Degree, Universidade Católica Portuguesa, 2003
- Postgraduate Degree in Law and Business, Universidade Nova de Lisboa, 2007
- Portuguese Bar Association
- Chair of the Association Like Portugal - Business Club
- Spanish Arbitration Club
- Fórum Penal. Portuguese Arbitration Association
Seminars and conferences
He is a speaker at seminars and conferences on matters relating to his area of expertise, and is regularly asked to comment in the media on economic and legal issues.