José Maria Rodrigues joined the Lisbon office of Uría Menéndez - Proença de Carvalho in 2010 and has been a senior associate in the firm since 2019. From January to December 2018 José Maria was located in Uría Menéndez’ London office.
José Maria is experienced and regularly advices Clients on:
- M&A transactions covering a broad array of industries and including private equity deals, cross-border transactions, distressed transactions and other complex transactions.
- Banking and finance transactions, including acquisition finance, pre-insolvency restructurings and loan purchases.
- Corporate and commercial matters including joint ventures, shareholder disputes, corporate reorganisations, distribution agreements, corporate governance matters and others.
In the recent years José Maria has also been involved in several real estate transactions, including real estate M&A and private equity transactions, as well as in providing advice on regulatory matters.
- Law Degree, Universidade Nova de Lisboa, 2009
- Masters’ degree in Law and Business, Universidade Católica de Lisboa, 2010
- Postgraduate studies in Commercial and Corporate Law, Universidade Católica de Lisboa, 2015
- Portuguese Bar Association
- International Bar Association