Juan Antonio Fernández-Velilla is a partner emeritus of Uría Menéndez. He joined the firm in 1992 and became a partner in 1998.
Juan Antonio applies his tax law expertise to M&A, real estate and project finance transactions, corporate reorganisations and international tax planning.
Juan Antonio also regularly provides tax advice to Spanish high net worth individuals on the restructuring of their assets.
The main international legal directories regard him as a leading lawyer in Spain in his practice area.
- Law Degree, Universidad de Zaragoza, 1985
- Master's Degree in Taxation and Finance, Centro de Estudios Tributarios y Financieros, Universidad Abad Oliba, Barcelona, 1987
- Barcelona Bar Association
- International Fiscal Association
- Spanish Association of Financial Law (Asociación Española de Derecho Financiero)
- Spanish Association of Managers (Asociación Española de Directivos)
- Between 1994 and 1996, Juan Antonio lectured on Tax Law for the Master’s Programme at the Universidad Abad Oliba, Barcelona.
- Between 1994 and 1998, he lectured on Corporate Law for the Master’s Programme at the Universidad Pompeu Fabra, Barcelona.
- Lecturer of “Tax aspects of corporate restructuring operations”, Universidad de Barcelona, 2000.
- Between 2001 and 2008, he lectured for the Master’s on Fiscal Advice and Management (Asesoría y Gestión Tributaria “AGT”) at ESADE, a Centre associated with the Universidad de Ramón Llull in Barcelona.
- Lecturer on the Master’s Degree in Legal Practice, Universidad Pompeu Fabra, Barcelona, since 2011.