Jesús López Tello is a lawyer in the Madrid office of Uría Menéndez. He qualified in 1986 as State Treasury Inspector (ranked #1 of its class) and in 1989 as Inspector of Insurance and Pension Plans and Funds. After nine years serving the Spanish Tax authorities, he joined Uría Menéndez in 1995 as a partner for developing the firm's tax practice
Jesús regularly advises clients on M&A, business combinations, structuring groups and activities, taxation of financial transactions and issuance of equity and debt instruments. He is also actively engaged on tax litigation matters, such a tax investigations, tax disputes and tax criminal offences.
He is regarded as a leading lawyer by the main international legal directories, such as, Chambers & Partners, PLC and International Who's Who of Lawyers, among others.
- Law Degree, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, 1982
- State Treasury Inspector, 1986
- Inspector of Insurance and Pension Plans and Funds, 1989
- Colegio de Abogados de Madrid
- International Fiscal Association (IFA)
- Latin American Association of Tax Arbitration
Between 1990 and 1995, he was a lecturer at the State Treasury School (Escuela de la Hacienda Pública).
He is a regular speaker and commentator at law seminars and conferences.