Laia Reyes began her professional practice in digital law in 2012 and has been a lawyer at Uría Menéndez in the Madrid office since 2015.
Her extensive professional experience includes advising -national companies and international groups- on personal data protection, Internet law (cybersecurity, e-commerce, marketing and electronic signatures), information technology (intellectual property rights on software and negotiation of technology contracts) and artificial intelligence. In addition, she intervenes in important investigations and sanctioning procedures of the Spanish Data Protection Authority.
Her professional practice focuses on providing such specialised advice on digital law, among others, to entities in the technology (digital platforms and social networks), financial, insurance and pharmaceutical sectors.
- Bachelor in Laws, University of Valencia, 2012
- Bachelor in Political Science, University of Valencia, 2012
- Postgraduate program in Data Protection of Universidad de Murcia, 2014
- Postgraduate program in Information Technology, Real Centro del Escorial-María Cristina and Dava&Davara Abogados, 2014
- Master’s Degree in Corporate Law, Fundación de Estudios Bursátiles y Financieros and Universidad Católica of Valencia, 2015
- Master’s Degree - UM / Professional Development Program for Lawyers, IE, 2018
- Madrid Bar Association (ICAM)
- IAPP – International Association of Privacy Professionals
Laia Reyes is a regular speaker and commentator at digital law seminars and conferences, and lectures on the postgraduate specialized (on digital law) programs of several universities in Valencia and Madrid, including: Comillas ICADE, Universidad de Navarra and Universidad CEU San Pablo.