Luis Suárez de Centi Martínez joined Uría Menéndez in 2007 and was appointed as counsel in 2020. Luis currently heads the tax group in the firm’s New York office.
Luis focuses his practice on corporate tax, international tax matters, real estate tax law and advice to family offices and high net worth individuals. He is regularly involved in corporate restructuring transactions (in Spain and Latin America) and frequently advises on tax litigation, including audits carried out by the tax authorities and tax disputes before the courts.
In recent years, he has been heavily involved in several transactions to acquire distressed real estate and mortgage debt portfolios for private equity funds, in creating and providing ongoing tax advice to several SOCIMIs (Spanish REITs) and in providing international tax advice to family offices and multinational companies on their investments in North America and Latin America.
- Law Degree and Master’s Degree, specialising in tax law, ESADE, Universidad Ramon Llull, Barcelona, 2007
- Madrid Bar Association
- American Bar Association (member of the tax section)
- International Fiscal Association
- International Tax Institute
- New York City Bar Association (member of the Committee on Taxation of Business Entities and the Inter-American Affairs Committee)
- New York State Bar Association (member of the tax section)
- American Foreign Law Association
Luis lectured on the Master’s Degree in Domestic and International Taxation at the Universidad Pontificia de Comillas (ICADE), Madrid.
He is also a regular speaker and commentator at law seminars and conferences.