Nerea Sanjuan is a lawyer in the Madrid office of Uría Menéndez. She joined the firm in 2017 from the telecommunications multinational Vodafone where she was a senior counsel in charge of all issues related to industrial and intellectual property and audiovisual law. Between 2000 and 2008 she was a senior lawyer in the Madrid and Lisbon offices of the law firm Cuatrecasas, Gonçalves Pereira specialising in intellectual and industrial property, entertainment law and information technology.
At Uría Menéndez, Nerea focuses her practice on intellectual and industrial property, media, audiovisual and entertainment law, advertising and IT. She provides legal advice to national and international clients that operate in all areas of the entertainment and IT industries, including music, audiovisual, editorial, Internet providers, software providers, IT operators and in the area of sports.
- Law Degree, Universidad de Valladolid, 1995
- LL.M., Columbia University, New York, 2000 (Fulbright scholar)
- Audiovisual Communication Degree, Universitat Oberta de Catalunya, 2013
- Madrid Bar Association
- Asociación Literaria y Artística para la Defensa del Derecho de Autor (Spanish Group of the Association Littéraire et Artistique Internationale (ALAI))
- Spanish Entertainment Law Association (DENAE)
Nerea Sanjuan is a lecturer on the Master’s Degree in Telecommunications, Data Protection, Audiovisual Law and the Information Society offered by the Universidad Carlos III, Madrid.
She is a regular speaker and commentator at law seminars and conferences pertaining to her field of expertise.