Oscar Morales Ph.D. in Law joined Uría Menéndez as head of the Criminal Law Department of the Barcelona office. He served as a judge of the Provincial Court of Appeal of Barcelona (Audiencia Provincial de Barcelona) for four years prior to joining Uría Menéndez.
Oscar specialises in criminal law and criminal procedure law, particularly white-collar crime, and has advised:
- board directors on decision-making liabilities
- companies on criminal liability for labour accidents
- on criminal offences against the Public Treasury (tax fraud)
- on environmental issues
- on intellectual and industrial property right infringements
- on e-crime (e.g., data protection, sabotage)
In 2009, Dr. Morales received one of the Iberian Lawyer’s 40 under Forty Awards. He has been recognised for his work in corporate crime in the last twelve editions of Chambers Europe and has been considered Lawyer of the Year in Barcelona by Best Lawyers in 2015 and 2018. In 2019, Eserp Business & Law School awarded his professional achievements.
- Law Degree, with distinction, Universidad de Cantabria, 1993
- Ph.D. in Law, Universidad Autónoma de Barcelona, 1998
- International Criminal Law Association (AIDP)
- Editorial advisor of the Iberoamerican Review (RIDP)
- Barcelona Bar Association
- European Council of Doctorate Degree Holders & Dr. H.C.
- Criminal law lecturer at the Universidad de Cantabria, 1993-94.
- Visiting scholar at the Institut für Kriminologie und Wirtschaftsstrafrecht, of the Albert-Ludwig Universität in Freiburg im Breisgau (Germany), 1994-95.
- Criminal law lecturer at the Universidad Autónoma de Barcelona, 1995-97.
- Criminal law lecturer at the Universitat Oberta de Catalunya (UOC) 1998-2008.
- Criminal law lecturer at the Universidad de Tarragona, 2008-11.
- Visiting professor at the Facoltà di Giurisprudenza of the Università degli Studi di Trento (Italy) 2000-02; 2006-.
- Lecturer on the PhD programme “Businesses and the Criminal Legal System” of the Universitat Oberta de Catalunya (part of the Joan Lluis Vives Network of Universities), 2001-09.
- Coordinating lecturer (2002-14) on the Master’s Degree in Intellectual Property & Information Technologies, ESADE, 2002-.
- Lecturer on the Master’s Degree in Economic Criminal Law, Universidad Abad Oliva-CEU, 2001-.
- Lecturer on the Master’s Degree in Law (criminal litigation), ESADE, 2013.
- Lecturer on the Master’s Degree in New Technologies Law, Universidad Pablo de Olavide, Sevilla 2014.
- Lecturer on the Master’s Degree in Law, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, 2011-.