Ramiro Rivera is a partner in the Madrid office of Uría Menéndez. He joined the firm in 1989 and became a partner in 1998. He acquired first-hand experience in Latin America by heading the Buenos Aires office from 1998 to 2001. Between 2001 and 2003, he was head of the Latin America Practice Group and coordinated the Corporate Law Practice Area in Madrid from 2002 to 2006.
Ramiro focuses his practice on capital markets, banking, corporate and commercial law and has extensive experience in managing and coordinating multi-jurisdictional transactions.
In addition, Ramiro heads the firm’s Securitisation Working Group and has vast experience in securitisation and other structured finance deals. In February 2010, he became head of the Financial Practice Area.
Ramiro’s work in Capital Markets and Securities has been recognized by the most prestigious legal directories (IFLR 1000, European Legal 500, Chambers, etc.).
- Law Degree, Universidad Pontificia Comillas, Madrid, 1989
- Degree in business administration, Universidad Pontificia Comillas, Madrid, 1990
- Madrid Bar Association
- Former Member of the Board of Directors of the Spanish Chamber of Commerce in Buenos Aires
- Represents Uría Menéndez in the Board of Trustees of the “Fundación Empresa y Crecimiento”
- Represents Uría Menéndez in the European Securitization Forum
- Director of the capital markets module and regular speaker on matters relating to securitisation on the Master’s Degree in Business Law offered by the Madrid Bar and organised by the Carolina Foundation (Fundación Carolina since 2002).
- Assistant lecturer on commercial law at the Universidad Pontificia de Comillas (Madrid) – ICADE between 1990 and 1997 and from 2001 to 2005.
- Lecturer on the Master’s Degree in Business Law at ICADE.
- Co-director of the Listed Companies Advanced Programme at the Instituto de Empresa.
- Guest lecturer at several seminars, programmes and master’s degree courses organised by the Universidad Carlos III de Madrid.
- Since 2012, lecturer on the Master’s Degree on Banking Supervision organised by the Bank of Spain in collaboration with CEMFI - Centro de Estudios Monetarios y Financieros (2015 to date), and with the Universidad Pontificia de Comillas (Madrid) - ICADE (2012 - 2014).