Jaime Calvo is a counsel based in Uría Menéndez’s Barcelona office. He joined the firm in February 2008.
His professional practice focuses on public, environment and sustainable development matters.
Jaime advises domestic and foreign companies from all industrial sectors, amongst others, chemical, pharmaceutical, textile, iron and steel, cement, food and paper. He has more than ten years’ experience in legal environmental matters and regularly advises on a wide range of issues that arise during the various stages of administrative and contentious-administrative proceedings, such as concessions and sewage permits, waste generation and management, air emissions, noise pollution and soil and groundwater contamination. He also takes part in due diligence processes.
Jaime has been a board member of the Environmental Law Section of the Barcelona Bar Association since July 2012 and actively collaborates in the organisation of environmental law workshops and seminars.
- Law Degree, Universitat de Barcelona, 2000
- Environmental Law Course, Barcelona Bar Association, 2002
- Mediation and environmental dispute resolution course, Vermont Law School, 2007
- Environmental Law Section of the Barcelona Bar Association
- Environmental Law Committee, Fomento del Trabajo-CEOE