Jaime Calvo joined Uría Menéndez’s Barcelona office in 2008 and was appointed partner in 2023.
In his professional practice Jaime focuses on public law, environmental law and sustainable development matters. He advises domestic and foreign companies from a variety of industries, including the iron and steel, chemical and petrochemical, pharmaceutical, textile, cement, food, printing and paper sectors.
He has 20 years’ experience in environmental matters and regularly advises on the wide range of issues that arise during the various stages of administrative and contentious-administrative proceedings, such as applications for concessions and sewage permits, waste generation and management, air emissions, noise pollution and soil and groundwater contamination. He also takes part in due diligence processes.
- Law Degree, Universitat de Barcelona, 2000
- Environmental Law Course, Barcelona Bar Association, 2002
- Mediation and environmental dispute resolution course, Vermont Law School, 2007
- President of the Environmental Law Section of the Barcelona Bar Association
- Environmental Law Committee, Fomento del Trabajo-CEOE
Jaime regularly speaks at seminars, conferences and training courses related to environmental matters.
He also lectures on environmental law in the Master’s Degree in Legal Practice offered by the Universitat Pompeu Fabra (UPF).