Víctor Ferreres Comella joined the Barcelona office of Uría Menéndez as a counsel in October 2011. He is one of the most prominent experts in Spain in the field of constitutional law. He is the author of many publications on fundamental rights, constitutional justice, Spanish federalism and European integration, among other topics.
His professional practice focuses on public law, especially in connection with matters that raise constitutional and European law issues.
- Ph. D. in Law, Universidad Pompeu Fabra, 1998
- LL.M. and JSD, Yale Law School, 1992 and 1996
- Law Degree, Universidad de Barcelona, 1990
- Barcelona Bar Association
- Since 2017, chaired professor in constitutional law at the Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Lecturer on constitutional law and EU law at the Escuela Judicial (Consejo General del Poder Judicial) (2001-2011).
- Visiting Hauser Global Law School professor in EU and constitutional law, New York University, 2001, 2003 and 2007.
- Visting professor in EU and constitutional law and arbitration, University of Texas (Austin), 2005, 2009-2017.
Víctor participates regularly as a speaker at seminars and conferences on subjects relating to his field of expertise.
- Distinguished Service Cross, second class, Order of St Raimundo of Peñafort (Spain), 2012