Miguel Morales is the partner who heads up the Tax Practice Area of the Barcelona office of Uría Menéndez. He joined the firm in 2001.
Miguel advises resident and non-resident entities on the tax implications of inbound and outbound investments in various sectors (banking and finance, tourism, energy and services). He also regularly provides tax advice to high net worth individuals on their tax planning and advices on M&A, Spanish and foreign real estate deals and project finance transactions.
He frequently advises on transfer pricing matters and on tax litigation, including tax investigations and tax disputes
- Law Degree, Universidad Autónoma de Madrid, 2000
- Master's Degree in Business Law (LL.M.), Instituto de Empresa, 2001
- Specialization in tax and accounting consolidation, ESADE, 2004
- Madrid Bar Association
- Asociación Española de Derecho Financiero (AEDF)
- International Fiscal Association (IFA)
- Lecturer of Practicum IV of the Law Degree at the Universidad Central de Barcelona, concerning the taxation of new technologies.
- Lecturer on the Master’s Degree in International Legal Practice at ISDE (Instituto Superior de Derecho y Economía), Barcelona.
Miguel participates regularly as a speaker at seminars and conferences on subjects related to his field of expertise.