Julio Iglesias is a lawyer in the Madrid office of Uría Menéndez since 2004. He has developed his career in the Litigation and Arbitration Practice Area.
Julio is actively involved in proceedings before the Spanish courts and the main Spanish arbitration courts regarding civil and commercial matters, with extensive experience in insurance Law disputes and the coverage of a wide range of insurance policies. He also advises clients at the pre-litigation stages and on out-of-court settlements.
Julio’s practice encompasses the following main areas:
- Contractual and tort liability: remedies for breach of contract, sale and purchase of businesses, product liability and insurance.
- Corporate litigation: challenging corporate agreements, shareholder disputes, disputes regarding shareholders’ agreements, liability actions against directors.
- Proceedings regarding consumer law and class actions.
- Proceedings regarding the validity and existence of civil and commercial agreements, in particular, advising banks on claims filed by clients and investors.
- Law Degree (with honours), Universidad de Santiago de Compostela, 2004
- Madrid Bar Association
- Club Español del Arbitraje
Julio is a lecturer on civil litigation law on the Master’s Degree in Legal Practice at the Instituto de Empresa. He is a regular speaker at conferences and seminars on his field of expertise.