Julio Iglesias is a lawyer in the Madrid office of Uría Menéndez since 2004. He has developed his career in the Litigation and Arbitration Practice Area. Julio regularly advises clients at the pre-litigation stages and on out-of-court settlements. He is also actively involved in proceedings before the Spanish courts and the main Spanish arbitration courts.
Julio’s practice on business law matters encompasses the following main areas:
- Corporate litigation: challenging corporate agreements, shareholder disputes, disputes regarding shareholders’ agreements, liability actions against directors.
- Proceedings regarding consumer law and class actions.
- Bankruptcy: reintegration actions and insolvency procedure pleas.
- Contractual and tort liability: banking agreements and financial products, sale and purchase of businesses, financing transactions, product liability, insurance and indemnities regarding agency and distribution agreements.
- Proceedings regarding the validity and existence of civil and commercial agreements, in particular, advising banks on claims filed by clients and investors.
- Law Degree (with honours), Universidad de Santiago de Compostela, 2004
- Madrid Bar Association
- Club Español del Arbitraje
Julio is a lecturer on civil litigation law on the Master’s Degree in Legal Practice at the Instituto de Empresa. He is a regular speaker at conferences and seminars on his field of expertise.