Cristian Gual is a partner in the Barcelona office of Uría Menéndez. He joined the firm in 2001. From January to July 2011, he was seconded to Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz in New York as a visiting attorney in litigation.
He focuses his practice on advising national and multinational companies on matters relating to copyright and other intellectual property, unfair competition and general contract law. In particular, he advises on strategies to prevent and resolve disputes in these areas.
Cristian regularly represents clients in all of the aforementioned areas before the Spanish courts and in national and international arbitration.
- Philosophy Degree, Universidad Autónoma de Barcelona, 1997
- Law Degree, Universidad de Barcelona, 2001
- Barcelona Bar Association
- Chairman of the Barcelona Bar Association’s Arbitration Committee
- Associació d'Estudis Jurídics Internacionals (International Legal Studies Association)
- Club Español de Arbitraje
- Co-Chairs’ Circle
- LCIA-Young International Arbitration Group
- Lecturer on the IP & IT master’s degree at ESADE Law School.
- Lecturer at the Istituto Europeo di Design.
- Lecturer on the international arbitration course of the Barcelona Bar Association.
Cristian participates regularly as a speaker at seminars and conferences on subjects related to his field of expertise.