Ángel Pérez Pardo de Vera is a lawyer in Uría Menéndez’s Madrid office. He joined the firm in 2000 and has developed his practice in the Public Law, Litigation and Arbitration Practice Areas. He was seconded to the Litigation Department of the New York office of Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP as a foreign associate from September 2007 to February 2008.
Ángel advises on civil and commercial disputes. He is actively involved in both litigious and non-litigious proceedings, mainly in the following areas:
- Corporate litigation: challenging corporate agreements, disputes between shareholders and liability actions against directors.
- Contractual liability: banking agreements and financial products, sale and purchase of businesses, financing transactions, defects in construction projects, indemnities regarding agency, distribution and franchise agreements.
- Tortious liability.
- Bankruptcy proceedings.
- Safeguarding interests in unfair competition actions.
- Protection of industrial and intellectual property rights.
- Enforcement of foreign decisions in Spain.
In 2011 he received the “40 Under Forty” award from the legal publication Iberian Lawyer. This award acknowledges the leading forty lawyers under the age of forty in the Iberian market based on their involvement in complex cases, leadership and management skills, as well as their contribution to society.
- Law Degree, Universidad de Navarra, 2000
- Finance and Accounting Executive Program, Columbia Business School, New York, 2007
- Madrid Bar Association
- Spanish Arbitration Club (coordinator of the CEA-40 group and member of the Co-Chairs’ Circle, 2008-2010)
- International Bar Association (Dispute Resolution Section)
- American Bar Association (Litigation Section, Young Lawyers Division)
- London Court of International Arbitration (Young International Arbitration Group)
Ángel is a lecturer on the master’s programmes at the Universidad of Navarra.
He is a regular speaker at conferences and seminars on his areas of practice. Some of the topics covered in his most recent lectures include international contracts, commercial distribution formulas, bankruptcy matters and arbitration.