Agustín Capilla Casco has been a lawyer in the Madrid office of Uría Menéndez since September 2000. After a six-month seat in the Corporate Law Practice Area, he has developed his career in the Litigation and Arbitration Area.
Agustin provides legal advice on different areas of business law, both in out-of-court negotiations and litigious proceedings:
- Conducting cases before the Spanish civil and commercial courts.
- Advising clients in domestic arbitration tribunals –Spanish Arbitration Court, Civil and Commercial Arbitration Court, Madrid Arbitration Court–.
His expertise covers judicial and arbitration proceedings including, among others:
- Claims for payment and disputes arising from breaches of contract.
- Civil liability: sale and purchase of businesses, financing transactions, banking and stock exchange agreements, defects in construction projects, indemnities regarding agency, distribution and franchise agreements.
- Product liability and defence against class actions.
- Protecting interests in unfair competition actions and the protection of intellectual property rights.
- Law Degree, Universidad CEU San Pablo, 2000
- San Raimundo de Peñafort First Prize for Legal Research (II Edition, Universidad San Pablo -CEU) for the dissertation "Los delitos de agresión y abuso sexual en el Código Penal del 95"
- Madrid Bar Association
Agustín regularly takes part as a speaker in courses, seminars and conferences relating to his field of expertise. He is currently teaching in two master’s programmes organised by Universidad Nebrija and Universidad San Pablo-CEU.
He frequently contributes articles to Actualidad Jurídica Uría Menéndez . The last two articles he has written concern the new EU small debts proceedings and the application of new Spanish consumer protection regulations in the mobile telephone market.