Luis Gómez-Iglesias is a lawyer in Uría Menéndez’s Madrid office. He joined the firm in 2009 and is a member of the Litigation and Arbitration Area. He was seconded to the International Litigation and Arbitration Group of Skadden Arps Slate Meagher & Flom LLP in New York from September 2014 to June 2015.
Luis advises on civil and commercial litigation and arbitration in proceedings regarding contract disputes, tort claims, corporate disputes (between shareholders, challenges to corporate resolutions, and directors' liability), class actions and bankruptcy claw-back actions.
His academic work was awarded the Corte Civil y Mercantil de Arbitraje’s International Arbitration Prize on the occasion of its XXV anniversary (2015) and the XVI García Goyena Prize for Legal Articles convened by the UNED School of Law (2017).
- Law Degree, Universidad de Navarra, 2009
- Master’s Degree in Insurance Law, UNED, 2013
- Ph.D. candidate, Universidad de Navarra (Litigation Department)
- Madrid Bar Association
- Club Español del Arbitraje (CEA -40)
- International Bar Association. Spanish National Reporter to the Subcommittee on IBA Arbitration Guidelines and Rules
Luis has been a lecturer on the Master’s Degree in Legal Practice at the Instituto de Empresa (IE) and he lectures on the Master’s Degree on Access to Legal Practice at the Universidad de Navarra and on IE University’s Law Degree programme.