Eduardo Geli joined Uría Menendez in 1988 and has been a partner of the firm since 1998. In 2000 he was appointed head partner of the firm’s New York office and he returned to Barcelona to coordinate the Corporate Practice Area.
His practice is focused on M&A, banking and finance, securities and corporate law, and has included advising:
- on mergers and acquisitions (of both private and listed corporations) and joint ventures;
- private equity funds, sellers and management in private equity transactions;
- listed and non-listed companies on corporate governance matters;
- on regulatory aspects of acquisitions in regulated sectors;
- shareholding and financial restructurings, including pre-insolvency;
- companies and banks on structured finance transactions, project finance, refinancing and issuers of debt and hybrid instruments; and
- contractors and financial institutions on significant bids for public works projects.
- Law Degree, Universidad Central de Barcelona, 1987
- Barcelona Bar Association
- Bar Association of the City of New York (licensed as a Legal Consultant), 2000-2006
- Director of the Spain-US Chamber of Commerce, 2000-2003
- International Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Member of Fundació FEMCAT
- Member of the Board of Directors and the Executive Committee of Lex Mundi Ltd.
Since 1987, Eduardo has lectured on several master’s degrees on corporate law at ESADE, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Universidad de Barcelona and, Universidad Internacional de Cataluña.
Eduardo currently lectures on corporate law and mergers and acquisitions in ESADE Law School’s Master’s Degree in Legal Practice and its Master’s Degree in International Business Law. He also lectures on corporate law and global business law in Universitat Pompeu Fabra’s Master’s Degree to Access the Legal Profession.